5/21/10

A photo from an year ago

Just got an email from Mihaela with a photo from her wedding. I can't believe it has been an year! Isn't she beautiful?


This picture was taken after the wedding ceremony, which took place in an Orthodox church. Too bad I can barely see myself in the picture.


I dozed off a few times during the wedding (sorry, Mihaela...) It was hot in the church, plus a group of priests chanting in a language I can't understand for half an hour.  I tried to listened to it, but jet lag caught me.... The ritual itself is an amazing experience. A lot of things the bride, the groom, and the priests did during the ceremony are like a secret code to bound this couple together. I wish there was a brochure to explain each procedure and the meaning of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment